Recovery Conversations - One-Day Workshop - Across the UK
We are running a number of one-day workshops across the UK in Chester, Bangor, Swansea, Cardiff, Dundee, Bristol and Birmingham.
DOWNLOAD FLYER - CLICK HERE
Chester - 3 July 2017 - CLICK HERE
Bangor - 6 July 2017 - CLICK HERE
Swansea - 10 July 2017 - CLICK HERE
Cardiff - 13 July 2017 - CLICK HERE
Dundee - 30 August 2017 - CLICK HERE
Bristol - 5 September 2017 - CLICK HERE
Birmingham - 13 September 2017 - CLICK HERE
Recovery conversations is a one day workshop that introduces participants to different ways of engaging in often difficult conversations with people having psychotic experiences.
Rooted in a narrative approach of working and building on work carried out by Micheal & Cheryl White and Marius Romme & Sandra Escher, recovery conversations will introduce attendees into ways of both entering into and how to build on often fixed narratives that are keeping clients stuck in what Taylor and Coleman call the illness trap.
Moving beyond the concept of illness to one of wellbeing is for Taylor and Coleman a process and it is this process that they will unpick during the workshop breaking it down to series of interactive conversations and exercises that participants will be able to use after the day.
On the day participants will cover:
- How to support people who find it difficult to engage in the work of recovery
- How to support people who are unsure of what they want
- How to hold on to hope and support people that no one believes can recover
- How to work in a recovery way with people under involuntary treatment
- How to change the conversation and/or narrative
9.00am - Registration
9.15am - Start
4.30pm - Finish
COST (all costs INCLUDE VAT)
£95 - Statutory & Private Sectors
£80 - NGO
£40 - Student / Self-Funding
We also have 10 Bursary Places on each day for Voice Hearers (Sponsored by Hearing Voices Network Cymru)
To apply for bursary places, contact Karen - email@example.com
- Online (see above)
- Telephone Karen or Ron - 01851 810789
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment via Debit/Credit Card, Paypal, Invoice or by phone
GROUP RATES - Contact 01851 810789